Monday 25 May 2015

Taking the p***

Fancy gladiator sandals these days are like, once you sew two strings of leather onto a sole, you've concocted a good enough excuse to cost the same as a small used car. Look, I'm not the kind of person who thinks price should derive exclusively from the level of craftsmanship and/or great quality materials, as I love a good concept and understand that great design and brand value have to weight on the price of what we buy - and that sometimes results in the utmost simplicity. But when it comes to gladiator sandals, I can't help feeling  like someone's taking the piss.

Pisstaking level: BOSS: - these Valentinos cost 840€ on Net-A-Porter, plus the blood of seven virgins.


Now these are a bargain at only 325€. , As a matter of fact, Chloé, I think I'll take two pairs. 
Alaïa is ridding the world of snakes (and you of your hard-earned dollaz), one gladiator sandal at a time. 910€.
Tamara Mellon, 375€. Mirrored so you can see the tears rolling down your cheeks as you take them to the cashier.

Aquazzura's feet straight-jackets come with a 550€ price tag for those of you who are loco enough.



So since none of these are a realistic option for me due to, ya know,  all the bills I gotta pay at the end of the month, and my awfull habit of eating, I found a very cool and simple alternative that really fills all my gladiator requisites. They cost me 17,99€ and are by Pull & Bear. As always, the Zara group has our backs. 


Lo and behold! My foot.




No comments: