Tuesday 19 May 2015

Finally found these bad boys.

Remember when I wrote about those 2011 woven Prada heels I was obssessing over? No? That's fine. 4 years after having passed up the opportunity to buy them (because euros and also due to already owning too many shoes - wow, I am reasonable sometimes), I have found them on my new favourite playground, Vestiaire Collective.

For those of you who, like me up until recently, live in the cold dark shadow of not knowing what VC is, I'll put it this way: thousands of ladies who share your interest in fashion and own beautiful shoes, bags, clothes, etc by your favourite brands come to this website to buy pre-loved designer pieces and sell the what they no longer want (which may be exactly what your looking for, in your size, and cheaper!!!). So, basically, a chic eBay.

*drools*



So when my dream heels came up on VC - and on a really fun colour scheme too - I had to whip out my credit card and get that over and done with. The soles show no visible signs of use and in the end I got them for half the price o f what they would have cost me back then. Boo ya. 


They still haven't arrived because VC will receive them first from the seller and verify their authenticity, which is essential in trading pre-owned designer stuff. This is why, my friends, you must never throw away the receipt, dust bag and box of every designer thing you buy.


Can't wait to pair them with fun prints, frilly tops, vintage midi skirts and dresses, man. Totes unleashing the Carmen Miranda in me. 


Well played, Margherita Missoni. Well played. 



No comments: