Thursday 7 May 2015

Cold shoulder

Beyoncé showed up gift-wrapped in that tight see-through dress at the Met Gala, all curves chiseled by none other than angels in heaven...Quite a sight for sore eyes! I am always fascinated by women who are able to show that much of their bodies without looking vulgar and, on the contrary, look empowered and non-intimidating despite the hotness.
I, on the other hand, with zero millions of fans to please and impress, don't really need to make grandiose statements through the clothes I choose to wear. 

Yet, being the semi-slob that I am, I also like a little fantasy and a little frill in the wardrobe. Lately my thing has been off-the-shoulder tops and dresses. It's the latina in me that responds well to showing a bit of skin and to the romance and nostalgia this type of garment resonates. 

Off-the-shoulder loving stunners Carmen Miranda, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren

Brands in the entire price spectrum have been putting these out, from Asos to Carven, to Alexandra Rich and Chloé. Vika Gazinskaya does a mean cold shoulder too.

That lovely green Carven: ONE DAY I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL BUY YOU. Pre-owned and cheap.



So I went and bought this lovely wide sleeved shirt from Uterqüe and now I'm considering how to wear it up and down: 



All I need now is the weather to cheer up a bit round here. Come on sun, reveal yourself at once!








No comments: