Thursday 27 March 2014

Sh*t I'm currently digging.

I've got major hots for this Moschino Cheap and Chic dress:


Am I delirious or is it totally Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? I love the fact that it's got a little hint of Loserville about it, a dash of good-girl in the shape, plus a bit of kitsch via the pattern resembling something a dumb tourist would wear. Imagine, all of this at once! This is a dress for good times and good times is what we all need.

"We can't stop here! This is bat country."

I'd wear this with the hottest red lipstick available plus (well, in a fantasy world where 500€ notes rain from the skies) just about any Charlotte Olympia shoe under the sun, which I love like a fat kid loves crack. Or a back-alley hooker loves cake. Wait, am I mixing these up? And I'd also throw in some Miu Miu shades to make the whole thing look a wee bit nostalgic. "Ah, si j'étais riche..."




On a different note, this girl called Sequin makes really cool music. Plus she's cute as hell. 
See? I told you she was hella cute.

I think she's like the musical lovechild of John Grant and Lykke Li. This song reminds me of Grant's "Blackbelt in BS", and I get a feeling there's some Lykke Li in the mix, although I can't quite put my finger on it. Doesn't matter, give it a spin. There's another tune called Flamingo that's pretty cool too.



Big-ass latino earrings are my kryptonite (pictured above: Oscar de la Renta clip-on earrings available at Net-a-Porter). Everytime I flick through a magazine and see one of them swedish princesses wearing tiny pearl or diamond earrings, I think 'aah, how lovely and delicate', but if I go shopping for something similar I always end up with some massive chunkadelic ones instead. I don't know, it's either the Carmen Miranda in me, or maybe there's something about having two christmas trees hanging from my earlobes that aligns my head chakras.




Mr. Selfridge, my latest televisual crack. It's about Harry Gordon Selfridge and how he set up the huge department store in London. He wanted to change the early 20th century stiff british mentality and make shopping exciting (can you believe shopping wasn't exciting once??). It seems as though this process was interesting enough to the point where making a whole tv series about it actually made sense. Plus, the costumes are gorgeous, Jeremy Piven ain't so bad to look at, Selfridges is heaven on earth, so it's win win win, ladies.















No comments: