Friday 28 March 2014

Lewee Vutan, y'alls.

I chuckled when I saw these Vuitton boots on style.com today:

 There's something about the all-overness of the monogram, the comfortable looking heel, the wearable shape of this boot that makes me feel uneasy... am I being tricked? Is this a faux-leather boot made in butt-fucking-god.knows-where that's been photoshopped to oblivion as a joke? And why is there so much brand all over it? And why is it so... vernacular?
And despite knowing this is the real deal, I can't help but think it looks fake (how very conceptually dense - now: jokes aside, could brands find inspiration in their most unsophisticated immitations?).  

But since we're at it, here's a couple of other sassy Vutan things these boots brought to mind (just to help you out, Mr. Ghesquière, just in case you read this, which I'm totes sure you do,  while you have your tuna sammich at your desk for lunch)

Nice crib.

Nice ride.

Nice pump.

Nice bag.

Nice boots (love the Gucci tag, best of both worlds).

Nice um... shoes.

Nice purse. 

Nice DYI job. I mean, you can hardly tell.


Nice pig. (by belgian artist Wim Delvoye, whom you don't want to not know.)




No comments: