Friday 30 January 2015

Piers Atkinson

I think hats and hair accessories are a lovely thing but when it comes to real life, what I really like is to stay in bed in the morning as much as I can, i.e. decorating my head just doesn't make it to my list of priorities. Since I don't usually wear anything that's not absolutely essential to guarantee the basic levels of a dignified appearence, my general take on hats is 'ain't nobody got time fo dat'.

I recognize that floppy wide brim hats are fab and I dig the air of mistery and nostalgia they give. But they're hardly the latest piece of news, right?

Then I came across milliner Piers Atkinson and my jaw dropped. Here's why:




If you like it, you should put a big fucking ring on it. 




The very antidote of boredom. 


Why not? It's always a good idea.



Now go look at your floppy hats and your fedoras again and tell me they haven't just faded away in comparison.




No comments: