Thursday 3 January 2013

Men's handwriting

I was given this card the other day, by a very  - and I mean V-E-R-Y handsome shop assistant: 



 (actually, why don't you see for yourself how pretty this boy is?? Seriously, I creep myself out sometimes with my ability to find people or just random stuff out on the Internet, CSI-style; plus, yeah, I know he gave me his card because he cashes in a commission - there, I already pissed on my own bonfire for you, so don't bother.)

A few minutes later, after I managed to get over this bloke's impeccable looks, I looked at the card again and though - really??? THIS hot guy has THIS SHITTY HANDWRITING? Seriously, someone please tell me what the hell is it with men and their silly handwriting. I mean, there must be something to it; I've seen far too many horrors of this kind to believe it's a matter of coincidence. So, what is it? I can't deal with the stark difference between this guy's handwriting and his perfectly tailored suit and perfect hair and perfect face and perfectly polished shoes. So why write like an 8 year-old? I swear, this keeps me awake at night; I feel crushed by the weight of this mystery!

I suspect History can provide us some insight here:


 Back in medieval times, men had round bald patches on the top of their heads. They also wore Slankets and tiny brown shoes. And before we judge this poor old chap's sense of style, let us remember that style depends largely on its sociological context; for all we know, medieval chicks could even dig this. But do check out his handwriting:


BOOM. Pretty cool, right? So how did we go from this to the wonky modern-day man script? I wonder whether there's an inverse relationship between a man's charm and their handwriting. If there is, I can only imagine Jon Hamm's handwriting will be something like this: 



 I strongly suggest that men do something to sort this out. Look, I mean, if you're going to be charming to the point of handing a lady a handwritten note or a card, just put some effort into it, be old-school about it, will you? Otherwise it's confusing to us.  'K, thanks a lot!











No comments: